Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FAMILY & JOURNEYS

This past weekend was about family and journeys. Family has always been important to me. I've lost many of my close family and miss them tremendously. I lost my father when I was nine years old and my mother when I was twenty-six. I call myself an orphan because even though I am grown, I am still a child inside without a mother or father. I do have sisters though. Two sisters who mean the world to me. They have been here for me through this trying time and have been the greatest of support. My nieces have also been wonderful and caring. More so than I could have imagined. While my children are going through their own journeys, they are here for me and were a huge help and support for me this past weekend.

My family was there to assist me in moving to my new apartment. The move took its toll on me physically and emotionally. Leaving a part of your life behind is never easy. The best you can do is learn from it and vow to not make the same mistakes again. I married to share my journey, my life with someone I loved. It did not work out that way. My journey was here, and his turned out to be elsewhere with no desire to be included in mine. My journey continues along a new path, new direction now. My family is with me on it. It would not be the same without them. In the past I held my self back from allowing them to really help me. Now I have learned to lean on others in time of need. This was my time. I'm not afraid to face this new journey because I know they are there with me and will lift me up if I fall.

While I face this new beginning or variation in pathways with confidence, I am still struggling with the emotions of yesterday. Anxiety, stress, depression are there under the surface bidding their time until I am weak and they can pull me down into the mire again. It is imperative that I keep on watch for the signals and search out inner peace and happiness. With God's help and my family I know that I will maintain my course.

I found a new website on anxiety relief. It reaffirmed things I already knew and explained deeper meanings of the whys. The important relief mechanisms are:

Meditation
Creative Visualization
Diet - Healthy!!!
Hydration - Water! Water! Water! No Caffeine!
Exercise
Support Network

The website also mentioned these things:

*Water is good for more than drinking. Bathe, shower or swim in it!

*Clean your bedroom - Your bedroom is your womb and it needs to be a place in which to nurture yourself.

*Eat small amounts throughout the day - blood sugar levels drop and leave you tired and irritable.

*Have a glass of wine-don't get drunk.

*Make a "Feel Good CD

*Light - Your brain needs sunlight and dark. Lack of sunlight can cause depression. Lack of darkness can interfere with sleep.

*Pity Party for One-a good old fashioned cry. Then restore yourself.

*Dance Naked-Make sure you are alone.

*Hum or Chant - internal vibration is like gently shaking your internal energies and is a great way to breathe.

*Play - Have fun.

*Get to the Beach or out of the City.


excerpts from Sonya Green

No comments: