Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Friday, September 26, 2008

Doum Tek Ka Tek

You might be wondering what in the heck Doum Tek Ka Tek is?? Those are names of drum beats I am learning. Hand drums are a wonderful way to work out your stress and immerse yourself into the beats, rhythms and music. I perform for the first time tomorrow night and I am excited! It will be a fun night out with others who enjoy drumming and belly dancing as much as I do. I wish my husband were here to attend with me and be there for moral support. My daughter was going to go, but she changed her mind as other things have come up. She has quite the active life being that she is almost 18 years old. So, I will go alone and meet up with my fellow drum mates and belly dance pals. This way I am free to worry only about myself and have a great time.

I found the drum I want to buy. I don't have the money for it so I have had to ask my husband if I can charge it on his credit card. I only have one with a small limit and there isn't enough room on it to charge. He wants to look at the link and see... I posted a link to the website that shows the drum. **Followup-My husband has been really great about me buying a drum. He even encouraged me to not buy a cheaper drum just to save money, but make sure it was what I wanted. Thank you honey!**

This has been a horrible week! I am struggling to maintain my positive attitude, but I have not given up. I will succeed and I will end this week on a strong, good note. haha Seeing how I am drumming, I really will be ending it on a note...a musical note. Oh, I still have a sense of humor! That is a very good sign.

Happy Friday!

No comments: