Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for...

1. Still having a job when so many don't.
2. My drum and dance class tonight.
3. I haven't been put into a mental institution yet. LOL
4. My love of writing.
5. My journal.
6. I'm almost finished listening to a book for a book reading club.
7. I don't ever have to read that book again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thoughts on Quotes:

Life isn't about finding yourself-Life is about creating yourself"
~George Bernard Shaw

I meditated on this quote for some time to make sure I was getting the point of it. Or at least, the point it was making to me. If you haven't created something of yourself, how can you find yourself? There wouldn't be anything to find.

We all start out in life a blank slate. As we grow older we add lines, shadings, drawings and words that describe us to that slate. The more we put into life, the more we will have on our slate. If we sit around trying to find ourselves, our slate remains unfilled.

What is on my slate I wondered... I see the word Strong drawn with shadings and colors to add flavor. There is a belly dancer in the bottom right corner and a beautiful doumbek drum the bottom left. Books are surrounding the edges in various colors and sizes. A pen and paper show in the upper left corner with a poem being written. I see the words Stardust Fairies on the paper. Shapes blend in and around the pictures and words bringing the slate to life. The slate never becomes completely filled. Miraculously it seems to grow as I grow as a person. I see the person I am and the one I am becoming.

Our creativity should never cease. As long as we live, we grow, we develop and we become new things. Who are you creating? I'm creating a wonderful, happy me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It appeared that the solution to my current situation with my husband working elsewhere and me living here was going to be resolved. Then, I get the call that he has to continue to stay there. I was just beginning to believe he might really be coming home...and boom! I am plummeted back down to the earth head first. It was a very sad day yesterday. I am trying to recover and move on with life. I have drum and dance class tonight and I hope to lose myself in it. I have plans for Saturday and hope to enjoy myself despite all the set backs.

No comments: