Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Journey

I began my true life's journey a short time ago. My journey is to ultimately to be happy with who I am and what I am doing. For too long I looked to others to help provide my happiness. No more! My happiness is mine and only I am in control of it.

I began my journey on SparkPeople.com learning about living a healthy lifestyle and taking care of my whole self...mind, body & soul. This lead me to journaling my thoughts and emotions. I have always loved writing and have started many journals, only to give up on them when depression overtook me. Now, journaling is very much a part of who I am. It allows me to process my emotions and find the truth in a situation. I have just started an art journal as well. Expressing my emotions with colors is a remarkable way to handle stress. Another step on my journey was beginning belly dancing lessons. I've been interested in it since I saw belly dancers perform at Texas RenFest. Their beauty and grace was amazing. The control they displayed over their bodies was mind boggling. I allowed myself to let fear of looking ridiculous prevent me from taking that step to learn. Now, I am learning and feel far from ridiculous. I feel free and beautiful.

If you haven't begun your journey, begin today! I began a Spark Team called Inner Journey on SparkPeople.com. It is for people who are on a journey using journaling, relaxation techniques and other stress relieving methods. An interchange of encouragement and ideas is our goal. To be healthy and continue our journeys is of vital importance. Join us!

2 comments:

~Laura said...

Great post!!! I am so glad to see you here and I will get you added to my blogroll of daily reads!! I went by the office and I hope your headache is better today...

Kellzie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I think I added you here, but if I didn't just tell me how and I will make sure to get you on.

Sorry I missed you at the office. Boy do I have some things to tell you...