Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Silly Saturday!

Saturday's are for silliness! It's the weekend and the pressures of the work week are behind me. Today is to be enjoyed and to let the hair down. I have an exciting day planned. Okay, the first part is not so exciting. I need to take the trash to the dump (yes I live out in the country and there is no trash picup), clean the house, and exercise. The exercising is a little exciting because I have a new belly dance tape to try out.

But, after that, I will be getting ready for the Artist's Cafe. I will be playing the doumbek drum tonight with the drum class I take inbetween the belly dancing performers. It is going to be incredible and the most fun I have had since my husband and I went to the Queen Mary for the 4th of July. I plan on having fun PERIOD. I will enjoy myself and not feel guilty. That sounds like I think I am doing something wrong. That isn't the case. I just haven't done much for myself over the years, putting me first and doing what I enjoy. This is for me! My husband knows I am going and would be attending with me if he weren't away right now. So, instead of feeling guilty for going by myself, I will have fun.

I did my nails and toes last night and dyed my hair. Today I am going to do a facial, soak in a wonderful bath, lotion my skin and carefully apply my makeup. I want to look wonderful in my special outfit. It is a combiation belly dancing/drumming outfit. It is a cute skirt that is orangish/red with a few sequins spread out. The top is a black velvet belly dance type top. I will be wearing a coin hip scarf that is orange, red, green and black in alomst a cameflauge pattern with coins sewn on it. I will try and get someone to take a picture so I can show you. I am goint to straighten my hair and wear a toe ring and some cool coin earrings. Did I mention my nails are painting a cool salmon color that will go pretty good with my outfit. It is very shinny and should look good as I beat the drum.

I feel like a little kid playing dress up. LOL It isn't often I get out for a night like this. Even though my husband won't be here, I still want to look good for me. I want to be able to send him pictures and him think I look hot and make him miss me all the more. It is fun just preparing for the event. hehe. I haven't felt like this in a very long time. It is nice.

A hummingbird was just at my sliding glass door. I only saw its shadow through the curtain, but it brought a smile to my face. Hummingbirds are the cutest little things. So quick they remind me of the Quidditch golden snitch from the Harry Potter movies. lol Oh cool. Now a bird is sitting on one of the window sills at the front of my house peeking on the window. LOL It wants in!! I love nature. This IS going to be a great day! I may have to go take a walk this morning. I wish I was Dr. Doolittle and could talk to the animals.

Have a super great weekend!!! Do something silly!

Silliness is freeing
captivating and refreshing
Don't be afraid to be silly
Watch the children
and how they play
They are never afraid
to act in a silly way
Their happiness
is contagious
Be like the children
Be silly
and share happiness.

No comments: