Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Authenticity

I am having a new journaling series sent to me from writingbliss.com called Write Memories: Relive and Create Your Life Memories and Perspectives through Journaling.

It is about living your life authentically. Is there synergy between your inner world (feelings, values, beliefs, needs, passions) and the outer world (relationships, job, home)? There should be congruence between these two worlds. It is about closing the gap between who you are, what you do, and what you want others to get about you. When you speak from the heart and walk the talk others will get the real you.

Authenticity and personal power go hand in hand. Living authentically requires honesty and a willingness to accept what you know to be true for yourself in every situation. It means not succumbing to the pressures to do what society views "right" or "acceptable." It involves self-trust and a deep conviction.

Here are the guides for authentic journaling:

~Make a list of words that describe your Authentic Self. Are the words in your list the words that others think of you or know of you?

~How do you practice authenticity in your life? For instance, you practice authentic living when you speak up for something you're passionate about at the risk of not being liked by some. Grow a list of personal ways to be authentic.

~What creative gifts do you possess? Do other people know about it or have you been hiding this from them? Do you only manifest these gifts to a select few, perhaps to one person with whom you are most comfortable?

My Authentic Self can be described with these words:

*Empathetic
*Trustworthy
*Caring
*Inquisitive
*Anal Retentive
*Reliable
*Diplomatic
*Detailed
*Obsessive Compulsive
*Intelligent
*Poet
*Creative
*Spirit of a Dancer

I think people identify many of these words with who I am. There may be some they don't know suit me because I have not allowed them to see that side of me. In fact, I never applied the term creative to myself until recently. Because I can't draw and I am such a detailed, organized person, I didn't consider myself creative. It was brought to my attention from someone recently that they considered me very creative. I was shocked and had to really think on it. I am creative in many ways. I write poetry, I dance, I drum, I take my journal and turn it into an expression of who I am with both words and colors, I develope interesting ways to share with others motivating thoughts that will help them in their own journeys and I can decorate my home with colors and items that express myself and the feelings I want my house to express when others come in it. I am creative!

Perhaps other people would add different words to my list. I would love to know what they are so I can meditate on them and learn something about myself I haven't seen that others have. There may be words others would remove from list as they don't agree with my selection. That is okay. They just don't see that side of me and I know it is there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's Affirmations:

*Be happy
*Be active
*Be motivated
*Be calm
*Be inquisitive
*Be me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: