Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Scribblings

My parakeet was speaking with a bird outside the window. They were chirping back and forth. I wonder if they understood each other. It brought a smile to my face. I've decided that today should be a day to be creative. I want to pull what is inside of me out and express it through paint. I plan on journaling and writing poetry. I hope to come up with some new ideas for the 2 teams I am leader/co-leader of so that others might be motivated in some way.

Satisfaction
Up-lifting
New Ideas
Dynamic
Affirmations
Yearly Goals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's Affirmations:

I will be creative.
I will express myself and enjoy the experience.
I will dance today and work on my routine.
I will be happy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steps to happiness

You can't be all things to all people.
You can't do all things at once.
You can't do all things equally well.
You can't do all things better than everyone else.
Your humanity is showing, just like everyone else's

So:
You have to find out who you are and be that.
You have to decide what comes first and do that.
You have to discover your strengths and use them.
You have to learn not to compete with others.
Because no one else is in the contest of being *you*.

Then:
You will have learned to accept your own uniqueness.
You will have learned to set priorities and make decisions.
You will have learned to live with your limitations.
You will have learned to give yourself the respect that is due.
And you'll be a most vital mortal.

Dare to believe:
That you are a wonderful, unique person.
That you are a once-in-all-history event.
That it's more than a right, it's your duty to be who you are.
That life is not a problem to solve, but a gift to cherish.
And you'll be able to stay one up on what used to get you down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is a day to be creative. Paint, Draw, Write Poetry or a Novel, Develop ideas that you can share with others...

Today is also a day to be active. Ride a bike, take a walk, strength train, cardio, dance...

No comments: