Welcome

Welcome to my journey...It is quite a ride!

I will be posting poetry, affirmations, thoughts and feelings and motivating quotes. This will be a journal of my life and experiences. If you like what you read, please leave a comment. Journey's are to be shared.

My Favorite Quotes...

"To Hope and dream is not to ignore the practical. It is to dress it in colors and rainbows." ~~Anne Wilson Shaef

Monday, October 6, 2008

Marvelous Monday


Quote from Helen Keller:
"Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain."

I have seen 3 versions of the movie about Helen Keller's life and have read various articles and parts of books about her. She was one of the most incredible women of history. Helen Keller was in inspiration to us all. Considered blind, mute and dumb, she overcame obstacles we can't comprehend to become a profound speaker and role model.

Her quote above has great meaning to me. Even at our most unhappy moment we can have an effect on someone else. We can help to sweeten their pain or ease them from it if only for a moment. Yet, that moment has great worth to that individual. By sharing our experiences, others can learn from them or compare them to their own. Sometimes, just realizing that we are not alone in what we struggle through every day helps. Our life is never in vain if we have touched another for the better. If not for us, that person would continue on without that simple benefit we provided.

Who of us can not search and find someone in worse shape than us, with a worse home life than we have, or suffering from greater tragedy than we ourselves? Even at our worst, there are others worse off. Reach out and touch their lives in some way.

The great thing is that when we do this, even when we are most unhappy, the benefit touches not only the other person, but rebounds and touches our own lives for the better. Doing good brings good things and feelings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's Affirmations:
~Be my best
~I eat nutritiously
~My body and mind feel good
~I have much to look forward to this week
~I will be happy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a quite weekend, never leaving the house except to run to the little market to get a Dr. Pepper and bag of tortilla chips. I was able to accomplish many things I wanted. I created my own drum beat for class: DD TTTK TTTK DD -- I like to call it Kellzoom

I practiced my dance routine for Liz's class. I have a few questions for her about a couple of places in the song. I am trying to write my notes on the choreograph sheet to help me while practicing. I may miss this week's class to fly to CA since flight benefits have been restored.

I painted 2 pictures with acrylic paint, both florals. I enjoy the process greatly and am learning along with just having fun. I have much to learn though and hope I can take an art class one day. I think I have a new thing to do to add to my list. I will try and take a picture of them to post.

I was able to get much accomplished for my 2 spark teams. Finding enough time to do everything is becoming a problem. It is important to me to share with others what I am learning. I hope they will continue to share with me and the teams as well. That is what life is about...sharing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to write a novel in November. Check out www.nanowrimo.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

~Laura said...

Sounds like such a great weekend! I am glad you are getting to go to CA and during the right week!!!LOL

You will have to bring your painting so that I can see them. I will let you know what day I will be in the office.

That is so funny that you posted on Helen Keller. She has come to my mind a couple of times this past month for some reason...